Part of the review article on ABC

Periscope, the flagship event of the Castlemaine State Festival's Visual Arts program, takes place across three unique sites. The Hunt and Lobb building, an old Police lock-up and Tute's Cottage, an original miner's cottage - decaying with the passage of time yet surrounded by an extraordinary garden, bursting with life.

Tute's Cottage is a sensory experience unlike anything I have encountered. As I wander from room to room I try to identify the various aromas and where they are wafting from. There are apothecary vessels of all shapes and sizes in this alchemic laboratory, and I am invited to participate and interact, making each encounter unique. The level of detail is extraordinary. I left feeling like I had just experienced something very special; although not certain what.

to read the full review:

http://www.abc.net.au/local/audio/2013/03/27/3724589.htm

No comments: